Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Disney Catch-Up

Well, its been a while since I last posted....and there's a major reason!  We took a week long trip to Walt Disney World and it was such an amazing trip.  I had planned on taking a morning or two to get up early, grab a coffee at the the hotel and make a quick blog or two detailing the previous day's adventures and showing pictures...however, reality set in and as much as I tried to get up early, I was quickly reminded that my children wake up not just early...but SUPER early when they are excited.  I would wake up and get ready as quick as possible and then without a doubt, every day one of the kids would wake up and I would have to attempt to quickly get them dressed for the day and then the other would wake...by the time all was done...it was time to head to the parks! So, I quickly realized that no blogging would be done for the trip and I would have to do it after the fact. 

However, our second to last day "tragedy" struck on the Dumbo ride at Magic Kingdom.  Dylan and I were riding on Dumbo having a blast and in a split second Dylan went to wave at Grandma, Papa, Daddy & Baby Blake down below and hit my wrist with the camera in hand in no time I saw my camera (which I was in love with) fly to the ground.  It seemed as though it took the camera 10 minutes to hit the ground. It was all in slow motion.  It was one of those slow motion type events. The entire time I kept thinking "how can I jump down & save it" as it was falling. Alas, I'm not a super hero and I was unable to fly off Dumbo and save the camera as it came crashing to the ground.  The lens was busted, therefore, the camera was busted.  I was devastated.  As much as I wanted to scream & start bursting in tears, I had to keep it together.  It was purely an accident and in no way was Dylan's fault and the last thing I wanted was for him to think that it was.  So I have been unable to post any Disney pics until I was able to get to somewhere to get the pictures off the camera.  All is looking up now and I should be posting them soon!  Until then, I have a few that were taken on my phone (not the best quality by any means considering a couple weeks earlier my phone took a swim in the toilet and I am now using an ancient one until I get a new one) but at least they are something!
My very handsome, very exhausted, yet very excited little man showing me he's finally getting to take down "Day 1" off his countdown.
It's finally time to go!!!
I was very concerned about how the baby would do on the plane, but with enough toddler "puffs" and "crackers" and the hypnotic rocking only his grandma & papa could give him, he was a great baby on the plane!
And one of my favorite pictures of the whole trip....you can just see the total excitement in his face when we got to the hotel.  At the hotel watching a movie as we checked in.

More pictures will soon follow.  Like I said earlier, it was an amazing trip.  Both boys had a great time and we are so lucky to be able to go on this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment