Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Program & Buddy Update

Last night was Dylan's school Christmas program.  His class was singing Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer, We Wish You a Merry Christmas & recited Twas the Night Before Christmas...kind of a lot for a group of four year olds if you ask me!  But Dylan did great!  He had been practicing like crazy.  Well, I say that but up until about a week ago we didn't even know he knew Twas the Night Before Christmas.  I found out from the school administrator that he knew it because she asked if he practiced as much at home as he did at school!  I couldn't believe it, I'd never heard him recite it at all.  She said "Oh my gosh! He does it non-stop here...he knows the whole thing!"  Well then...shows how much I know!  That night I of course asked Dylan to tell me it. He was shy at first but then recited it for both Russell & me.  He did a great job! The inflections in his voice were what got us the most.  He would go up & down in his voice with what was going on in the story.  It was the sweetest thing!
Dylan dressed & ready to walk in.  He was so impressed with his "big man shirt like daddy's".  When he walked into the school he had his hands on his hips and puffed out his chest like "Look at me!!"
Getting ready to sing.
Singing Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer...every time he'd get a glimpse of me or daddy he'd get this cute little smile and try to keep singing.

  He did a great job!!

Well, Buddy the Elf hasn't been up to a whole lot.  Dylan spent the weekend away again so Buddy didn't have a whole lot of tricks up his sleeves while Dylan was away.  Monday Dylan woke up to a very frazzled Buddy hanging onto the oven.
It seems as though Buddy meant to do something super cool, but heard mommy wasn't feeling well all night and ended up doing this in the morning.  It turned out great though, because when Dylan woke up we decided that Buddy must have been starting to make cookies when Dylan woke up.  After school when he got home, Dylan found this...
Good save Buddy!

Today Buddy must have been hungry when he woke up. He was found in Dylan's cereal.

Dylan was actually pretty amused by this one.  He assured me Buddy's "tummy was saying 'grrrgrrrggggg' like that! So he jumped in my cereal and ate it!!"   I love it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment