Wednesday, December 5, 2012

It's BeginningTo Look A Lot Like Christmas

Last weekend we finally were able to get up our Christmas lights.  I am one who loves to have all the Christmas items up the day following Thanksgiving after all my "Black Friday" shenanigans are completed. 

I usually partake in a LOT of caffeine for the day and get up before the crack of dawn for Black Friday shopping followed by a long day of putting up all the Christmas decorations.  This year was very different!  Since the Thanksgiving holiday was spent at Disney World and Black Friday was spent there as well I was unable to do the norm....but it was well worth it!  So after the long morning of traveling back to Dallas on Saturday I was certain that I would spend the rest of the day doing nothing.  Out of nowhere a burst of energy hit me (probably from seeing all the neighbors Christmas decorations already out...I hate being the last one with decorations out) I decided that at least I would decorate inside the house.  So our house has been decorated in all its Christmas glory inside since we've been back.  But, of course Dylan has been begging for Christmas lights outside because he's been seeing all the other houses.

 This past weekend we'd promised him we'd get them out.  We had much higher expectations and had planned on a major display, but apparently everyone else in the Frisco/Dallas area had the same plan.  All the Christmas lights we wanted (& even the hanging clips!) were completely sold out in all of the Frisco area.  We had the one roll of lights we'd purchased the prior week and then the few we'd had at our previous home.  Not a lot to work with given our major plan.  But we'd promised Dylan we'd get them out.  This is what we were able to get done. 


(I'm always in love with my doorway potted Christmas trees...they've always been my favorite!)

I'm not going to lie, as simple as it is (compared to what we'd planned) I'm kinda in love with it!  Not too shabby for our first year in a new house! 
Now onto the shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment