Saturday, December 7, 2013

Our Ice Weekend


This weekend the Dallas/Ft. Worth area was hit with a very major ice storm.  Schools closed, roads were completely impassable, everyone was basically confined to their homes.  I had some of the best times with my boys this weekend.
Although we were confined to the house, we made the best of it.  I bundled the boys up and they had a blast slipping and sliding their way around the front & back yards.  We were blanketed with over 4" of ice.  What looks like snow, was actually complete ice.  They tried picking it up and attempted to make snowballs, but were those snowballs just wouldn't form.  Regardless, they enjoyed laying on their bellies & sliding down the front yard to the street!
After we came back in & warmed up to some hot chocolate by the fire, the boys decided to make a fort.  They had a blast!  One of the blankets used happened to be one that stored a LOT of static electricity...which only made the fort that much more fun!

 At one point I noticed that the noise level was too low this morning...I found Blake attempting to be sneaky...

And then found him in my purse trying to put on some chapstik!  (That hair is still cracking me up!)

After a while we decided to make some Christmas cookies.  I feel a HUGE mess is in my near future...


 Dylan hard at work...

 Blake hard at work eating the decorations...

 Our end results!  Probably the coolest cookies I've ever been a part of!
I love these boys so much!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment