Monday, April 29, 2013

First Day at Preschool

This morning was Blake's first day at his new preschool.  No more home daycare.   It was a little bittersweet.  It makes me realize how quickly he's growing up - he just can't be old enough for preschool!  But it's a much better situation having him go to school with Dylan now.  Dylan was very excited that Blake would be going to the same school as him & that they would get to see each other at "outside time". 
I promise, they were excited....contrary to what this picture looks like.  It didn't help that right before I took the pic I had to slather a thick coat of sunscreen on them both which they both absolutely detest. 

When we got to school we dropped off Blake in his new class first.  He started crying and getting really upset.  I was prepared for that.  As much as it hurts, I knew it was coming.  What I didn't see coming was Dylan getting so upset about Blake being upset.  He was almost in tears worrying about his baby brother when I dropped him off in his classroom.  I promised him that Blake would be ok and that he'd get to see him outside.  He told me he was going to "play with him and make him happy & laugh" and be a "good big brother". 

I love these two!!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment