Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Valentine's Decorating

I hate taking down all my Christmas decorations.  One, because it's a huge pain...I have a TON.  And two, because it makes the house seem so empty.  So this year I decided to get a jump start on my Valentine crafting & decorating to fill the void left from the removal of all things Christmas.

First up was replacing my Christmas wreath.  I searched & searched on Pinterest to find something I liked for a Valentine's wreath.  I couldn't really find anything I really liked.  So many were so cheesy.  I found a couple of ideas that I liked & made my own "hybrid" Valentine's inspired wreath.

Next up...I found an idea (Pinterest inspired, of course) of making a heart out of buttons.  I thought the idea was cute.  I started with a square block of wood, put it on some "I love you" paper & then sanded & aged the edges.   Arranging the buttons turned out to be more difficult than it seemed.  I thought it would be a breeze...then found myself arranging & then re-arranging for about an hour!

Next up....my (Pinterest inspired) Candy Heart Tree.  I started out with a foam cone & a bunch of candy conversation hearts.  I (because I am ridiculously OCD) separated out the colors and formed a pattern around the cone.  Now, of course, you don't have to do this & could just as easily put them on at random...but, again, I'm just that OCD.


I severely miscalculated just how long I thought this project would take.  For some reason I had it in my head it would only take about an hour to complete.  Three hours later I found myself still sitting on the floor with glue gun web-like strings everywhere and finally finishing up.  It was messy, it took much longer than anticipated, but I love the way it turned out. 

I've got some more projects I've finished up & will post more tomorrow!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment