Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

I won't even begin to start to tell you just how late I was up last night finishing all of the Valentine's goodies for Dylan to take to school today.  Apparently, I grossly underestimated just how long all of it would take. 

Dylan decided he wanted the super hero tootsie pops again this year.  I remembered that they were an easy task so I guess I thought they would just take me about 30 minutes to crank out 30 of them.

Wrong!! But they are very cute & Dylan was excited to hand them out to his friends at school.


Then I had this wonderful plan of making some gorgeous brownies with beautiful candy coating on top and sprinkles to give to the teachers.  It would be this beautiful gift....they would praise me and ask how I did such a great job.  As though I was "super mom"....

Then THIS happened.  NOT what I was picturing at ALL!!


So those ugly brownies went into an even uglier tupperware dish for us to eat later (despite the ugliness...they still tasted good!) and I had to rack my brain on something I could do last minute to give to the teachers.  I remembered how I made a candy coated popcorn mix for Easter last year that was delicious.  I checked my supplies and I actually had some red candy coating that had been leftover from something before. So I popped a couple bags of popcorn, drizzled the candy coating & poured on some sprinkles.  Threw it all in some ziploc bags and put them in the same cute goody bags I made for the kids at school.

(Much more attractive!)

When all was said & done, this momma was beat! But I was still able to get the boys up and going and excited for the day. 

(You see it, right?  You see their excitement, don't you?)

That's better! 

It was a lot of work, but the boys looked adorable & they had cute goody bags & valentines that they were so excited to hand out. So it was worth it! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment