Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Easy (Non-Candy) Valentine Goody Bags

Dylan's school is having a Valentine's Party tomorrow.  We were the first to sign up for what item to bring and of course Dylan chose goody bags.  I figured that since Valentine's Day is a pretty "candy-centered" holiday that the kids really didn't need a goody bag filled with even more candy.  They were all exchanging Valentine's during the party which would pretty much guarantee an abundance of the sweet stuff.  So I decided that we would take a different route with the goody bags.
I started out with just plain old brown paper lunch sacks & cut them in half with pinking shears.  Punched a whole in the top & threaded some red ribbon for a handle.  Then I cut out a heart from glitter paper & attached it to the front of the bag.  Not too shabby for last minute, huh?
I went to Target to round up some fun stuff to put in the bags.  I found some really cute assorted foam stickers that came in a huge tub, tattoos (pirate for the boys, hearts for the girls) & bouncy balls.  I found some Valentine themed Disney coloring pages online & printed them out, rolled them up and tied them together.  I also included some crayons to color the pages with.

A pretty good little assortment!  The best part was that Dylan helped me put all the "goodies in the goody bag".  He kept saying "Wow, we've got lots of work to do! I love working!"

After all 28 were finished....it DID feel like work!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment